Thursday, April 03, 2008

The checkered flag and shoes

There i was, at the starting line. Revving the ole girl. She was more than just ready. She was old, clunky, the steering alignment was off, the brakes were seriously faded even at a stand still, but nonetheless, she was ready!

The 3 lights illuminate. 3, 2, 1 GO! The next 6 seconds were a blur of cars passing to the left and to the right, thank you trusty right foot modulated accelerator control. I grab 4th and hit the throttle like a tonne of bricks, she screamed with delight as we hit 8000 rpm.

With a care free wave i dispatch my rivals with a calm yet sinister smile. Goodbye fellas, by the by, don't mind the dust. (Say it with a pompous English accent, i did!)

1st corner - i slam into 1st, she breaks traction, i slam her back into 4th doing 290km/h - I'm leading the pack.

2nd corner is a quick right hander. Bang! Into 1st again and back into 4th, "nice drift" i tell myself.

With reckless abandon we scream downhill. Like a light i initiate drift and carry through a perfect 4 wheeled drift. It was something to behold. You really had to be there to see it. Scintillating!

The last corner is fast approaching. The clunkers behind me are threatening my position. I stick to my game plan, i slam 1st and then into 3rd. From the 3rd lane over i control my slide all the way into the inside lane cutting off my would be competition.

Too bad they never had a chance. They were way too hasty. Tried to close in and perform some last gasp attempt at late braking, but ended up off track. Like i said, too bad.

I cross the line, winner. The checkered waves for me. I get out of my seat, the press are all over me in an instant. They ask "what's your secret?" I said "check out the shoes, they're checkered", immediately they understand. I can see it in their eyes.

Honestly, that didn't happen exactly how i told it. Recently at the office (my new agency in Mid Valley) we've been having Daytona competitions. I won two of the three races. I, thank you! Hope you enjoyed.

Oh, and by the way, when i crossed the line on the last race in 1st, i jumped out of my seat because i was the WINNAR! I PWN3D everyone in the 7 car field. I r champion!

Til the next story, later!

PS Keiichi Tsuchiya eat your heart out.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

*jonn* said...

Why thank you... I had no idea blogspot still has me in some form of cycle :D