Saturday, April 08, 2006

Chasing the magic dragon!

Much to your dismay, this post has absolutely nothing to do with Puff the Magic dragon (Getting stoned).

Re-counting encounters this week ended with an unfamiliar feeling. I shall start here:

Putra Q8 oils sticker

Once again, on my way to work i took noticed of a Putra, blue in color. He was steadily doing his own thing until, i arrived on the scene (Notice how most stories are about me arriving somewhere)! :P We got to the toll and he, having a touch n go card beat me out of the tolls, by some good 6 or 7 car lengths (Damn not having correct change at the toll!). I did what anyone would do if they saw someone accelerating hard away from my killer Chin Chin La - I followed suit! Having caught and passed him and his unmodified grey to white smoke spewing exhaust, i felt slightly elated to know that i whooped someone on the way to work. The day couldn't have started any better! ;)

Drumming of death appears in the flesh

Oddly enough as i was rushing away to the color separator to make some last minute changes, when i had a run in with none other than the bane of every Mivec and GTi's existence...... A B16A EG6!

Even though there was work to be done, i sacrificed all for just 5 more minutes of fun.

There he was, just walking driving down the street singing, do-wah-diddy-diddy-dum-diddy-do....

Back to the story, he was driving relatively fast minding his own business, when of course yours truly appeared. Checking the car over i felt the feeling of pure animosity towards him. I pondered to myself whether he was a ricer or maybe, just maybe, he was the real deal!

I rev up, run hard all the way up to his boot just to give him an unfriendly "Hey what's up bitch?!" Ironically, he plays along and gooses the throttle just to get me full fledged on board. That exercise was hardly in vain. With me in reasonable pursuit and nowhere to go, we kept it at a leisurely pace until..... He turned towards the stretch all people in KL know and love.... The Kiara stretch (Cue drama)!!

Having a car on his left side, i pulled up behind him raring to get my chance to show this Honda a thing or 2 about skillz. Revving lightly, i patiently waited, as he too monitored my throttle modulation.

*GREEN* I hit the gas just as he did and we were off!! 1st gear! All the way through, and much to my surprise the Chin Chin La was hitting its stride and carrying me closer and closer to his boot! I cut to the left, having passed the other car impeding my progress, and continued to gun into 2nd! 5... 6... 7,000 rpm! I shifted hard into 3rd only to realise the inevitable had caught up with me! V-tec, a 4 letter acronym spelling disaster for the grizzly Chin Chin La! As my opponent hit his full stride, at the top of 2nd going into 3rd, my Chin Chin La was slowly losing ground which it's torque had built! Knowing there was nothing i could do, i firmly planted my foot into the floorboard, in hopes of extrapolating more hidden horsepower from my 4G93! But alas all was for not, he passed and continued on for about a car length where we encountered traffic. There was nothing left to prove, the Chin Chin La failed to crush, kill, and destroy!

Much like the 1st time i lost to a V-tec powered Honda, i felt dejected, miserable, invalid and impotent. I sms'ed a friend seeking some form of salvageable confidence but everyone knows, try as you might, the word futility will always remind you of folly when you went up against a car, which most certainly has 15 or more horsepower than you do!

Fuck you V-tec, as much as i love you, i hate you! I will destroy you one day, in any form, beware! I am coming!!! V-tec, hell hath no fury like a non variable timing car's scorn, basket!

Color separation has never been so much fun!

No comments :